Sunday 16 January 2011

Journal Pt.3 & An 'Alternative' canvas!

So todays Journal pages were created for Tracey
And these were the pages she created for me...
As you can see i had no set formula to any of the pages, i just went with the flo for each individual person. 
***
Now this is the canvas i originally started to make for the Simon Says Stamp'n'Show challenge but bottled it as i wasn't sure if i wanted to share it.. but I had a little time to think and decided 'oh bugger it' i'll do it and that will be that.. so here it is...
 As you can see I masked the background using the spiders web and a home made red glimmer mist.
The girl has been hand drawn, than coloured using polychromo pencils and acrylic paint.
Not sure why i was so worried to share this, I guess it's just not my usual type of thing and being a first attempt well i was just being silly i guess!
Anywho, Thanks for dropping by. TTFN.
♥ HUGZ ♥
Photobucket

12 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

All the swap pages you gals are doing are so cool and each one so different, Very creative. Thats waht its about stepping outside our comfort zone and try something new.
Something I need to do more often!
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great pages and I love your canvas. :-) S x

donnalouiserodgers said...

the journal pages are lovely I do so like to see other peoples journaling, and I am always grateful when people are willing to share. We learn so much from each other and it is good to know we feel safe enough to offer up our new stuff that we are really just beginning to explore. I'm not sure any of us post our experiments without a little bit of irrational fear,

Your canvas girl hair is fabulous, as is her face, but I really really like the red line - it defines the whole shape without being in your face- Minxy it is stunning, ne need for you to worry!

I think canvas is really hard to work on.

Dx

sam21ski said...

Great journal pages but I can't believe that you 'didn't want to' share your canvas, why ever not, it's fantastic. You can't keep something like that to yourself, glad you changed your mind!!!!

Lori said...

Love these journal pages! Your creativity is really shining! And your canvas is wonderful!

Von said...

Just popping by Nicki and love your canvas could only be you :)
Hugs Von x

Chris Arlington said...

Your art journal is coming along famously. Love your pages.
Hugs, Chris

Unknown said...

So pleased you shared your canvas ... beautiful work Minxy ... Thank you for joining us twice this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show :0)

Nicks said...

I love her!! and I love your journal pages great stuff minxy as always !

Lorraine said...

like the top two messy background journal pages and your psycho girl is great..excellent for halloween

A Hovel to Home said...

I want a psycho girl stamp like that .... can you draw us some?

K

Tammy Freiborg said...

I love your journaling style! and all your saying, quotes you use through your work and blog!