Monday 31 January 2011

Compendium Challenge!

WO HO This is the week i've been waiting for..Thank you Linda x
 Page 48 in the compendium and 
I love any excuse to make a bit of Jewelry so here's my take...
This has to be my favorite piece in all the challenges so far.
Funny enough I made this without first looking at the instructions page, and low and behold i went and used not only the same bookplate as Tim, but the same colour too, I guess the first time i looked at the book his image must of embedded in my mind!
 I filled the plate with old book page and micro beads, highlighting the word adventure, and covered with glossy accents, I also added a swallow charm, which i did the painty treatment on too.
 A mini grunge flower went on to compliment the metal leaves i had added
And I added some swarovski crystals to a trinket pin for a pretty detail on the chain.

I used a brad, a jump ring and some artistic license to attach the closure to the ball chain!
I can't quite believe we only have a handful of pages left, but i hear a whisper that the end.... may not be the end.. Oh Linda you tease!
Thanks for stopping by
♥ HUGZ ♥
Photobucket

31 comments:

Sue West said...

Love your necklace Nicky, it looks absolutely gorgeous. This is a fabulous take on the challenge.
Sue :)

Juls said...

oooooooooooh wow!! this is just too gorgeous for words! Hugs Juls

Yelowflower said...

Wow! Quite innovative...and pretty too. Great job

Anonymous said...

Fantastic piece of jewellery art Nicky, very inspiring! xx

Lori said...

Great job with this challenge Minxy! Love your altered jewelry piece, turned out fabbilicious!

Netty said...

Wow Minxy you jewellery piece is beyond gorgeous, this is so fabulous. x

Helen said...

That is just incredible! Just going to check the book now whilst dinner is cooking!

Shelly Hickox said...

OMG, Nicky, this is incredible!! I will never come up with something this cool, lol!

Siobhan Brignull said...

that is great I love it, shall have to find time to have a go at this one...x

Evelyn S. said...

Truly amazing....and absolutely beautiful!

Gillian .... said...

Oooo love this Minxy, it's so whimsical x

Zuzu's Blog said...

its beautiful Minxy x

Rhondamum said...

Oh Wow! That is gorgeous! I love all of the details! Thanks for sharing! xoxo Rhonda...

Carolyn said...

Beautiful piece for this challenge.

Cassie_lu said...

this looks amazing and anyone would be proud to wear it :)

Candy C said...

This piece is beautiful! WOW! Simply a perfect piece! LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

Minxy!! Oh my gosh girl this sooo ROCKS!! I haven't done mine yet and now I can't help but think of the gorgeous job you've done on yours!!
I sooo can't wait too, to see what Linda comes up with! I just started playing in her challenges and it's almost over!!
Fabo job girl!

Hugs

~Spike

sam21ski said...

Fabulous piece of jewellery Nicky - gorgeous xxxx

Anonymous said...

thats gorgeous!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece of jewellery hun

Love Dawn xx

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Beautiful necklace! And cloudy blue is my favoritedabber color!

Marnie Blum said...

Wowza! What a fantastic piece you turned out!

CuddlyBunny said...

Oh Minxy, this piece is breathtaking! Really, just beautiful!

minnie_mac said...

What a fabulous piece. So many gorgeous elements.

Marilyn

Shelann said...

Very pretty, I love your altered metal necklace.

MarleneMAZ said...

Wow! just fabulous! what a great piece I am sure you will get lots of fantastic comments when you wear this.

Unknown said...

I love all of the bits and pieces you used to create this lovely piece. Very few can add so many different things and make them look cohesive. I being one of them. lol

Girlsinthecraft said...

Oh, this is just divine!

Barbara Mason said...

Minxy- this is a fabulous neckpiece- just spectacular--love how you put the beads on the safety pin (may have to borrow that idea if I can get those darn pins to open!)

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wow, Nicky... WOW! That's stunning and stylish and something to wear proudly. I love the composition-- the bird with the little flower is gorgeous, and the way you mixed the types of chain is brilliant! Every little detail is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That is really a gorgeous and eclectic necklace! Stunning indeed!