Monday 1 February 2010

Bit of Altered This & That...

I've been trying really hard of late to get back into my altered art projects, i came over all cute for a while {well i still am to be honest} but it's trying to find time to do a bit of both seeing as i really do enjoy both styles.
However these past few weeks the art has been flowing... totally messy and inky and lots of fun...
And i start you off with this ickle 4"x4" canvas.
I've used a fair selection of this and that on this piece, I started by coating the base in Terra to give it texture, Once that was dry i added a mix of ranger gold dabber and some liquid acrylic in copper and green {both pearlescent}
I topped the finished canvas with a number of small tiles that were made from a few different things..
Stampboard covered in gold UTEE,
TH Fragments which i stamped images onto {stamps by The Artistic Stamper}
Old game pieces using the back side of them to create little frames, and i filled each with some paper scrap and finished with the word ART in metal that i embossed from a stamp {again Artistic Stamper}
You will find it is possibable to get rubbings in metal from any stamp, you just need to do it gentaly with a paper stump and then define it afterwards.
The other little 'bits' like the string knot etc were odds from my stash
I finished the canvas by attaching a paper clip to the top so it can be hung.
I'm quite please how this turned out.
Pop back soon for more of what i've been up to.. fabruary is going to be a good altering month for me i can tell :p
♥ HUGZ ♥

8 comments:

Nicks said...

phew... there I was worrying you had gone too cute and couldn't be saved...

Great work xxx

sam21ski said...

Fantastic canvas Nicky, glad to hear you got all messy again and like it!!!

Great results, fab colours xxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely

Chris said...

Wow, Nicky, this is absolutely stunning. I just love the background and all the elements. I can't believe it's only 4x4.

Lorraine said...

like this its nice and inky and grungy just what I like

Anonymous said...

This is great. Love it. How do you manage to work so small?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful canvas! great to have the 'altered' minxy back! xx

Hels Sheridan said...

totally love this hun x