Friday 12 February 2010

I was framed i tell you!

I was having a bit of a clear out the other day and came across some old mini gold frames belonging to my OH, he didn't want them and i was going to put them in the charity shop when all of a sudden creativity took over and this was created
It could of had something to do with the fact that i stumbled upon an awsome tutorial by the extreamly talented Lin of L.B Crafts.
I actually never dreamed i could create anything quite as good but i gave it a go and boy am i happy with how my piece turned out, sorry to blow my own trumpet but hay I just LOVE it!
Lin's instructions were super, and even though i didn't have all the ingredients {i traded ferro for golden pumice gel and percious metal for liquid acrylic} It still worked ok..
So i had created my mini masterpiece and decided to finish it the only way i know how...MINXY STYLE... With the help of an old leather belt, a mini glass bottle & old paper, and a metal winged- friendly plastic creation {using a paper artsy stamp} it was complete.
Thank you so much Lin.. You inspire me to new heights. I so need to start saving for an artsycraft weekend!!!

Don't forget to enter my OWOH giveaway, cut off is Midnight saturday GMT x
♥ HUGZ ♥

7 comments:

Chris said...

So you should blow your own trumpet, Nicky. This is fantastic!

sam21ski said...

WOW No wonder you are pleased with it, it looks fab so I bet it's 10 times better in the flesh

I saw it on her blog too, but as yet haven't had the time to give it a go, but I will!!!!

xxxxx

Claireabelle said...

Wowwee girlie!!! You are like a female Tim Holtz!! Amazing
x

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. Absolutely fabulous.

yoursartfully said...

Wow!!!! You did a fantastic job with your own version of my technique....it's simply gorgeous. I am thrilled that you found the tutorial and video inspiring enough to go and create something as fabulous as this and thank you also for leaving a comment on my blog so that I could find you. And yep, you should start saving for an Artsycrafts weekend as the whole weekend will be jammed packed with exciting techniques like these.

Lin

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous frame...love it loads xx

mommabear said...

fabulous frame such a lot of texture great work