Saturday 21 January 2012

Playing with Portfolio's

Just wanted to share a little tag I made playing with my portfolio's.
I've not really worked that much with water soluble oil pastels before so had no clue what I was doing.. I was literally just playing and this is the result of that play.
 I swooshed several colours down on the tag then squirted with some water, I blended it with my fingers. I then ran a red colour round the edge creating a border.
I used the set of paper artsy stamps I received as my sub gift from craft stamper, I stamped the flower with black archival and then layered a bit of colour on top again with the pastels.
For the moth I blended a couple of blues on some pearlescent cardstock, I then stamped the image, cut out and used a pokey tool to etch away some lines in the pastel, giving a bit of definition to the wings.
 Not really sure if I like what I made but hay..I had a play and had fun doing it so that's all that matters.
Before I go..
It's my 5th and final share of the month over on the Snazzy's DT today
here's a wee peaky.. why not hop over to see the whole thing, i'd really appreciate it xx
 There will be a challenge happening over on the Snazzy's blog at the end of the month so watch out for that, lets just say if you like Darkroom Door, you'll want to play along.
***
Stay Inky
♥ HUGZ ♥
Photobucket

9 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Cool tag, the colours really pop and love how you did the moth!!

Helen said...

Love it Minxy, the moth is gorgeous... got to get some chores done then I can play again too!

sam21ski said...

Great tag Nicky

Sam xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the colours, I spy another product I didn't (yet) know I needed!

Unknown said...

gorjuss and love the moth xx

PaperArtsy said...

Well you are such a clever minxy.... Love it!!!
Leandra

Felicia said...

LOVE this! What a super use of color! *huggles* =0)

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous tag Nicky! Off to check out those oil pastels! xox

Jingle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!