Thursday 8 January 2009

Domino Art

...
I'm taking part in my first Altered swap of 2009 over on UK Stampers.
The theme is Dominoes.
Basically all i have to do was to make one piece of art, be it jewellery, a canvas, a mini book with domino covers, basically whatever you fancied.
I choose to alter my domino and make it into a necklace.
...
...
Firstly i used Butterscotch and Lettuce alcohol inks as a background base, then proceeded to stamp an owl {paper artsy stamps used} in brown stazon ink.
I let this dry and then stamped a different owl at the bottom but this time using white versacolour ink.
{i found that this didn't dry very well at all but i carried on anyway}
I then covered the whole dom with matt accents to protect it, taking special care over the white ink so as not to totally smudge the image as the accents kinda mixes with the white ink.
{i applied my accents using a brush}
When that was dry i went back over the bottom owl with glossy accents which then really highlighted it {in certain light} that would otherwise be invisible.
I added wire wings that i created myself by threading a piece of wire through the same hole that the necklace tie went through, and just played around till i was happy with the result, then to finish i added an owl dangle charm to the bottom corner. {i had already pre-drilled the hole before inking}
...

...
I am quite happy with the way it turned out after the white ink nightmare
but it looks OK, and i hope whoever receives it likes it too.
...
xx Hugz xx
..

10 comments:

Ann said...

Brilliant work of art Nicky, I love it, so much detail on such a small object, fabulous!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Marvelous!

Sid said...

Like your altered dom very much, because of the slick surfaces many of the pigment type inks will just not dry at all....as you found with the white. I love it !

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome Nicky! Love it! Will have to get my OH to drill a few dominoes for me, as I definitely wanna try this! :0) xx

Hazel said...

It is absolutely gorgeous, and the wings really make it!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous xxx

Claireabelle said...

It's fabulous! I love it
xx

Unknown said...

That is absolutely fabulous - really truly gorgeous

Lottie

crafty creations said...

brilliant!!! Love it - those colours and wings are awesome

DF - Heidi said...

inspired piece