Sunday 20 July 2008

AS Challenge

Over on the Artistic Stamper blog there is a challenge to basically make anything, as long as you use either a Magnolia or Stitchels stamp on it.

Well seeing as were still in July and the other challenge was Xmas in July i decided to combine the 2 and have made a hanging decoration.

I used 3 chipboard pieces from AS (as it's the mutts nuts and a bargain price to boot)

I stamped a tree (stamp also from AS) on each piece or board using peeled paint distress ink and then UTEE'ed them to create a barrier for the next stage, and also made sure a few loose bits of the UTEE were sprinkled about and melted, to give a snow like appearance.

Next i lay all 3 pieces in my spray booth... (between me and you that translates to open large pizza box! lol) I sprayed a small amount of denim colour wash, followed by lots of tattered angels moonlight glimmer mist (TOP TIP..rather than paying out for big bottles, make your own mists using distress re-inkers, perfect pearls and a little water in a mini spray bottle, works just as well and you can custom any colour you need) I then blotted off the access paint/mist with a bit of kitchen towel and left to dry.
While that was happening i then stamped the only 3 Xmas Tilda's i have onto white shrink plastic and coloured in, cut out each one and heated. Then i just popped them onto the now dried mountboard pieces, 1 for each piece using a sticky dot or 2. I threaded ribbon through holes i made using my crop-a-dile to hold each panel together and stuck another bit of ribbon to the top so the whole thing could be hung.

I know it's not much but as my MOJO is on it's hols with several of my friends MOJO's i didn't think it too bad lol
Thanks for stopping by
xx Hugz xx

11 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I don't think your mojo has disappeared :)Gorgeous artwork :)
x

Sam said...

It's fantastic....I love the ickle tilda's.

SUE said...

Who are you kidding - this is great - as is all your stuff. And can someone tell me what MOJO is - lol???

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

What a lovely piece of work!

Hels Sheridan said...

Love it Minxy, that tree looks great and I love the idea of using the UTEE as snow...fab!! I reckon that your MoJo is home you know!!! Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Brill idea Nicky! Have just ordered a couple of Tildas as I was feeling left out! Good to see your MOJO has returned! xx

Jo from Paper, Ink and Rubber said...

Wow if your Mojo is on hol's then your work must be out of this world when its home because the wall hanging is amazing. love it.

Andrea said...

it looks great Nicky and if thats your Mojo on holiday then I best sack mine xx

Lesley said...

Looks fab. Love your spray booth! I do mine over the kitchen sink - and everything else gets covered too! xx

My Time To Craft Challenge said...

OH WOW, this is such a cute pretty piece of work.
I will def be making this for christmas.
love Kate xxxx
SBS19 Sister

Ann said...

Oh Minxy I just love this!! Fabulous idea, you're so clever!! xx