Friday 29 April 2011

Hard to Resist!

Yesterday I had another fun skype play day with Alison.
This time we picked The Stampman's challenge which is a 'Resist Technique'.
I had seen this very cool tutorial on HeroArts.com so we both set to work following the video instructions.
I actually brought the hero arts leaf cluster stamp with the prize money I won from the 'anything tim' challenge.
















I pretty much used the same colours as the original but some stamps had to be substituted as I didn't have them! Good excuse to buy more I reckon lol
The phrase is Penny Black, and the background lines are Tim Holtz.
I backed the image onto another piece of water colour paper that I had used to soak up the inks from my walk and wiggle stage, perfect as the colours were obviously matching.
Then the whole thing was mounted onto a kraft coloured card, and finished with a bit of lace and some prima flowers.
Why not go check out Alison's, She used different stamps completely!
Stay Inky
♥ HUGZ ♥
Photobucket

17 comments:

craftytrog said...

Your card looks gorgeous hun, another fun craft session! What shall we do today?! ;o) xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Nicky, this is gorgeous, I love it...going to check out Alison's now and the Hero Art Tutorial. Have a good weekend. S xxx

sam21ski said...

Great how you both followed the same technique but they both came out so different.

Love the colours and that stamp is fab xxx

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous result love the colours you have used here. XOXO Zoe

Lori said...

Oooooo....this is just boot-iful! I love it!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely stunning! I so love it!!!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful.

Siobhan Brignull said...

love it especially the colouring :)

Joan said...

Gorgeous, lovely colours.

france papillon said...

awesome little card! specialy love how the stamp is stamped in two colors, yummi! thanks for the link too :)))

Chris Arlington said...

Great job! Beautiful card!

Neil said...

Fab card. love the colours. Everything works beautifully together. Thanks for joining us at The stamp Man.

Angelnorth said...

Fab job with the technique, lovely card!

lisa said...

I played with this technique after watching that brilliant tutorial some time ago but yours has definitely turned out better than mine. I love the effect you've got.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Stampman this time.
hugs Lisax

Dragon said...

This is fabulous, Minxy... I spotted this tutorial some time ago and it was the basis for a TIO challenge one week... you seem to have mastered it very well
Frankie
xx

PsyPenguin said...

Beautiful! Such lovely colours xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous! Love your colors and the white phrase on top. And what a great idea to have a skype playdate.