Thursday 1 March 2012

366 Challenge!

Yep March is upon us already...Only 25 days to my birthday!
{cards and gifts greatly received hehehehehehehehehe well a girl can try can't she}
I had actually forgotten the date till I saw a fellow crafter's 366 challenge page up on FB this morning, so I have spent most of the day working on my page, Having fail after fail I have to say I am somewhat disappointed in my efforts this month, It just wouldn't go right..
I finally decided to give up and leave it where it was as the more I faffed the more it was going wrong,
Don't you just hate days like that!
Anyways enough waffle.. here's the page
I'm not gonna go into how I made the page as I can't remember there are so many layers lol
All I do remember is that I painstakingly diecut 31 mini doilies.
You may be able to tell that the left of the page had black outlines with some of the dots of the doilies coloured in, well I hated how it looked so I slapped a load of gesso over the entire page to tone it down.
Guess today just wasn't a good day to journal.. Oh well, you can't win them all can you.
I also forgot to photograph my feb page, so i'll try and remember and add the pic later.
I'll be back over the weekend with my march Timmy tag.
Till then Stay Inky
♥ HUGZ ♥
Photobucket

25 comments:

Milla said...

Well I have to say I like your March page :) The soft colours are beautiful and the 31 mini doilies - wow, that's an effort!

Sue said...

How can you forget March when it's nearly your birthday lol. Your page is beautiful, I love the gesso and you rabbits x

sam21ski said...

We all have days like that Nicky!!

xxxx

Creatively yours Fi said...

I like your calender page...how did you get those little patterned circle flower thingys??very cool :)
Fi

Unknown said...

Super page - I love the doilies and the Mad MArch Hares :)

Lynette (NZ) said...

Well your pages turned out great...hope you love them more and more as you use them. Those doilies are gorgeous - well worth the effort

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I like all the layers. It's great! The shape of the date "squares" is fun.

Sharon said...

Think you did a great job on your March page. It looks really lovely and well done on cutting out all the doillies. I cheat and use a punch!

Charli said...

Not to worry Minxy, I seem to be having those days quite often where nothing seems to turn out right lol! But your page looks great, nice muted spring tones.

And had to comment though, as it's now 27 days until my birthday so quite close to yours.

Charli x

catherine said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment you left me. I am very new to this but enjoying being a bit creative. Your march page looks fab. I have had a little peek around your blog and your things are beautiful. i have become your newest follower and looking forward to visiting you
x catherine

Crafting Queen said...

Really like your soft colours and great shape for the journalling. Thanks for the lovely comment. :)

Luna Art said...

Well I think your page looks great and I love the mini doillies, what did you die cut them on? x

Joyous said...

Your pages are lovely, well worth all the time, effort and do-overs.

krisandkreate said...

The doilies were well worth the effort. Beautiful pages.

Anonymous said...

I like your March page. And I like the little doilies you've chosen to journal in.

joanna said...

Beautiful pages! I love the soft colours and the doillies. Have a great weekend :)

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! Such pretty soft colors and shapes!

Amy said...

Oh- way cool! Love your circles and the soft color palette! Very March and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Great job, even if you were not entirely satisfied with it yourself, it looks lovely to me and I adore the little doileys
Big love
AJ

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, lovely pastel colours and wow, you're VERY patient!!

sara j said...

Don't you hate it when you start down a road, only to find out it's going to take forever?? I will say however I think the doilies rock. They look cool, as opposed, to oh say, old lady-ish. The colors are lovely too...I have difficulty getting pretty light colors which you have certainly achieved. Sometimes I know I work and work on something and lose all perspecitive. I agree with all the other comments - I think your March page looks great. Here's to days you feel better about it ahead.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful, beautiful! Love the diecuts! Simply wonderful!

france papillon said...

you don't like it? no problem, send it over to me, i know what to do with it: cherish it!
it's stinking cute!

Sharne Gregory said...

I like the soft colours you have used. Clever idea usung doiley's for your journalling.

Wildflowerhouse said...

I am loving your soft colors and the cute lacy looking circles.