Tuesday 22 February 2011

Inky Minxy Metal!

Good Morning Stampers, How is everyone this miserable morning, ggeesh this cold dull and wet weather is really bringing a downer to the week.
Still on the bright side it gives me the excuse to stay inside and craft! Oh and watch Tim on QVC!
And what better way to try and kick start the old mojo back into life but by taking part in my favorite challenge
Compendium of Curiosities
This week the delightful Linda has chosen page 56
'Altered Metal Alcohol Inks'
And here is what i made...
I created a little pendant using a small piece of industrial metal which i inked with Expresso and Stonewashed AI's,
I used old book pages for my pages which i coated with matt accents, I also gave the metal a coat of matt accents to seal it.
The bird was actually coloured using my copics.. well there an alcohol pen right!
This is the back of the pendant, it came out really pretty shame it's the back really!
And the you have it.
Thanks for dropping by.. Sorry i've not had time to do much blog hopping lately, Hope to rectify that soon.
Have an Inky Day
♥ HUGZ ♥
Photobucket

19 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh brilliant! Colours look ace and of course, top bird...!

Netty said...

Wow its gorgeous Minxy. Fab pendant. Annette x

Wendy said...

Wonderful necklace, what a unique creation.

Angelnorth said...

It's only the back if you treat it that way - wear it that way round some of the time! Really pretty pendant!

Anonymous said...

It's fabulous! Love the birdie charm! xxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

I love that, its so clever, and the colours are magnificent..x

Caroline Hallett said...

this is fabulous - really like the colours - well done

Unknown said...

Beautiful all over!

love Dawn xx

Juls said...

oooooooooooh wow!!!! this is fab!!!! Hugs Juls

Linda Ledbetter said...

Minxy, I am in love with your altered metal pendant! What a great design-- the metal looks amazing, and the little bird and book pages are so cleverly used. I've already borrowed one of your designs-- mind if I borrow this one to make myself some jewelry??

You are an incredible artist, my dear!

MarleneMAZ said...

Ooh this is just gorgeous! love the necklace and the back of it looks so pretty too.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Gorgeous pendant, Minxy,

Lucy x

Meggymay said...

Its gorgeous back and front, the colour is vibrant

fatmonica said...

It's fab.Love the colours and the bird and yes, I can see myself wearing it!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Oh this pendant is fabulous! love the design and the colors!

Pam said...

Beautiful piece! Now this is something I would wear!!! Love it!
Pam

Lynn Stevens said...

You out did yourself on this one!!!
Awesome pendant!
hugs Lynn

Candy C said...

Love your challenge piece, Minxy! It's so cute and you can actually WEAR it! Love that idea! :) Your work is always wonderful!

Girlsinthecraft said...

What a stunning piece! Could've sworn I left a comment on this already. Maybe on ATT in the CCC folder?? Or maybe I forgot to hit post, who knows........