Monday 16 November 2009

The Road to Fame!

This has absolutely no purpose and no reason other than the fact i received my yummy new Tim stash from Jennie @ The Artistic Stamper and wanted to play with it straight away.. I've been after the 'Rockstar' plate for some time.. it's awesome..
And like alot of Tim's stamps it also works with my cutie stamps.. this time namely 'Jolly Day Out' one of the Mabel range also available from Jennie
I stamped the skyline with versamark and brushed over some black mica powder paint
I stamped the stars and heat embossed in faded jean distress and white ultrafine embossing
powders, but it went on some of the skyline by accident...and it was still slightly wet!!! hence the quirky colouring.
I coloured the background with distress inks in mustard seed, fire brick and spiced marmalade, and stamped over the bottom section with the flame/swirly stamp again in the spiced marmalade {which you cant see very well i admit!}
I added some of the new TH film strip {this is super lush} as the road... writing the message 'the road to' in red spica pen in 3 of the film windows..
the lettering FAME was cut from some of my TH stock retired distressable papers..
and i finished with the cute Mabel stamp as i mentioned above.. which i coloured with copics in a gray scale to make it look like he was traveling into the future.. from black and white to colour..
It did start out with the intention of becoming a BIA book.. but i think now i may just add a mini calender in the top left corner!! What do you think?
Thanks for looking
♥ HUGZ ♥

5 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Nicky, that is so neat, and please don't add anything to it.. it is just fab as it is :)
xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab use of the Film Strip hun...and love the LO of your card...gorgeous! Hugs ... PS....luv ya 2..and so totally not in a lessie way either ...PMSLxx

Julie Ranae said...

WoW! I am jealous as I do not have this stash, but I am so impressed! This is beautiful and I am with Jennie...don't change a thing!

Lorraine said...

nice colouring on the little stamp like all the vintage colours and papers

Sarah Anderson said...

How fab is that stamp combination!!