Friday, 27 November 2009

Birthday book for a friend!

Recently my friend had her 40th birthday and i wanted to make something as a keepsake.
I decided on a tag book.
I started off with 6 blank chipboard tags

I covered both the backs and the fronts with plain coloured and patterned paper.. adding some detail to the plain paper using the simple swirls stamps in corresponding versa ink colours
{you should be able to click the pic for a closer look}
I used my BIA to punch the holes and bound it with pretty ribbons instead of the o'wires.

I had some wooden letters of which i managed to spell 'forty'.. i coloured these with dabbers, a touch of distress ink and some rock candy crackle

The other wording i created using the fab mini scrabble alphabet stamped onto kraft cardstock and cut out

I just had to add a couple of the brand new mabel stamps... coloured with copics.. i really feel these made the book complete. {they're so darn cute}

Oh and i stamped out several of the flower power blooms onto more plain coloured paper and added pattern using a selection of background stamps and white versacolour ink, i cut them out and pinched each petal to give some dimension. I dotted them here, there and well everywhere lol.. I also added a few to the back so it wasn't plain and boring.

Then all that was needed was a quick gift bag made using my score-pal and one sheet of 12x12 paper/card that i learned to make on a make and take at ally pally last year.. or was it year b4.. anyho..

Sorry i've waffled.. it was kinda a big project.. hence a kinda long post!..very time consuming but worth it to know my friend got a lovely keepsake and she loved it.. which is good!

Thanks for stopping by
♥ HUGZ ♥

9 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

What an adorable project! Just beautiful!

Jennie said...

Oh this is fab! love all the details, and the ideas you have
xx

craftytrog said...

Fabulous little birthday book Nicky - your friend will love it! xx

Linda Elbourne said...

Lovely work Minxy ... my birthday is not until March though ... you are sooooooooo organised :0)

Kim Dellow said...

Totally wonderful tag book, so pretty. Kim

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh wow, i love this.

sam21ski said...

Great idea Nicky, I'm sure your friend will love it xxxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is amazing!
What a lucky friend she will so treasure this!
hugs
kim x

Chris said...

Wow, your friend will love this, it's gorgeous.