Wednesday 13 March 2013

It's All in the Name!

Or in this case the name plate.
You may remember back in january I made a couple of name plates, well i've been at it again this time for my lovely friend Gillian.
It took me a while to capture the essence of what I thought she might like but finally the light bulb flicked on and here is the end result.
I started by giving the wooden base a coat of 'mocha mousse' fresco finish paint, I then stamped some script {a PaperArtsy mini} randomly over the whole thing, and rubbed some treasure gold over the edges.
 I stamped the letter tiles with a Tim Holtz phrase, and edged the tiles with more treasure gold and highlighted the letters with a white posca pen.
I embellished with a selection of Tim Holtz {stamped and cut out} gentlemen and pointy finger images and some steampunky charms from my stash.
I hope you like it Gilly, I'll be bringing it to ally pally with me xx
can't wait to see you and catch up x
***
I'm entering this in the Three Muses 'Steampunk' Challenge.
Stay Inky
 photo fw22393_zps92c938d9.gif

25 comments:

okienurse said...

Love this name plate. You should sponsor a swap where everyone shows intent and makes a name plate for someone else. I would sign up! Thanks for sharing. Its awesome! Vickie

Deann said...

Fabulous hands on Steampunkery Minxy...beautiful work great job!

Bill said...

Wow. Ultra cool!

Judy said...

What a fabulous gift for your friend, amazing work!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific Steampunk art! Kudos!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic, lucky Gillian! :)

snazzyoriginal said...

It turned out just right, I would have guessed who it was for even if you had hidden the name xx

Anonymous said...

Gillian is going to love this.xx

Junibears said...

My Goodness, this is wonderful! I'm sure she was thrilled! xx

Liz said...

Fab assemblage piece, I really love it. Thanks for sharing your products and process

Gillian .... said...

I did a squeal when I saw this and yes Gillian LOVES it lots, t'is just perfect sweet. xx

Helen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Perfect for Gillian. Hope to see you at Ally Pally as well.

johanna said...

this is really cool!

Hels Sheridan said...

how fab is this... you spelt my name wrong tho hun... rofl xx

Artyjen said...

Fan-dabi-dozy! Looks great ;)
xoxo Sioux

Loveday Funck said...

That is a wonderful piece!

indybev said...

Beautiful work. (I love what you "girls" at Snazzy's do!). Great bit of steampunk. Thanks for participating in our challenge.

AngelicaS said...

This is wonderful, LOVE IT!!!

Lori Saul said...

Fantastic steampunk creation!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely brilliant, Minxy! I love the stamping on the scrabble tiles - and all the pointy fingers are so cool! I've no doubt Gillian will totally love it...
Alison x

craftimamma said...

This is awesome Minxy. Fabulous piece and I have to give that cute little alarm clock a mention. I've never seen that particular charm before.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your name plates are rocking awesome! Gillian is sure to love hers! COOL!!!

Clare Lloyd said...

what a fantastic project. x

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

This is very cool! And thank you for sharing your techniques with us too! Your fun piece is reminding me to get back to my rubber stamps and play with them again!

Lin said...

love this!!