Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines x

Just a quick post today to share the card I made for my Man


I decided on a retro vintage feel for the surprise tag card.
I used Tim Holtz 'vintage love' paper from the 'seasonal stack' and his 'love struck' stamp set. 


I also used the 'love struck' alteration die, distress ink, 'rock candy' distress stickles and glossy accents.
This is the card flat, I did 2 shots as you can see the sparkle of the distress stickles, and the glossy accents I put over the mini blackboard.


You pull the tag and the message appears, As you can see it's not really visible in all lights.
I embossed with distress powder but it faded into the black background, so a covered the whole thing with 'white fire' treasure gold, and then lightly sanded over the top, allowing you to see the message in certain light.


I'm entering this in The 3 Muses challenge as their theme is 'Red'
I hope each and everyone one of you has a wonderful day,
I'll be back tomorrow with my PaperArtsy Challenge piece.
Till then...
Stay Inky
 photo fw22393_zps92c938d9.gif

17 comments:

Helen said...

gorgeous, Nicky - hope he appreciates it!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Really a lovely fabulous Valentine tag.

sam21ski said...

Oooh, very clever

Sam xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the embellies on the slider pop up xx

Artyjen said...

Aaah! How romantic ;)
xoxo Sioux

Fuchsia said...

Stunning card I love it !

Sim said...

What a lovely Valentine card Minxy!
I adore this kind of 3dimensional cards, and I wish to receive this one a day...
Bravo for your blog and artwork! :)

indybev said...

What a lovely Valentine with 3D effect! Thanks for sharing with us at Three Muses this week.

Jingle said...

Such a sweet Valentine!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful Valentine! Very creative and inspiring. Happy Valentine's Day! xx

sheila 77 said...

This is quite complex and what a good result, 3D cards are fun.

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great card! Hugs trace x

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous!!

Words and Pictures said...

Love this, Nicky - I'm sure he will have done too!
Alison x

Aranthe said...

Wow! Someone's gonna love getting this!

happyDiane said...

You are so clever!! Love this card!

Poeticthnkr said...

I love your beautiful creation! :)