Saturday 23 July 2011

Grungy Grunge Day!

YAY another thing on my to do list completed.... I was having a play yesterday evening and came across a blank grungeboard bracelet I had pre-cut to size, so as Grungy Monday is having a 'grungeboard extravaganza' challenge I figured it was time to do something with it.
I started by giving it a coat of snow cap dabber, then coloured with peeled paint distress stain.
{waited for this to dry and re-apply more stain}
Once that was all dry I stamped a Wendy Vecchi phrase and a part-section of an Artistic Stamper brush image.  I then used forest green stazon to add some Wendy Vecchi dots, masking off the brushes first.
For the closure I used a Tim Holtz hitch fastener and a large green eyelet {which I now know to be a tad too big, but hay ho}
I matte accented the phrase and then gave the whole thing a coat of matte medium to seal.
Granted it didn't really turn out very grungy but hay that's OK.
***
Until next time
Stay Inky
♥ HUGZ ♥
Photobucket

10 comments:

Suzanne Bouchard said...

These are cool bracelets. You inspire me to make myself one! I love the idea.

Unknown said...

I love that you make grungy bracelets ;0) Dxx

Gillian .... said...

You certainly inspire me with these cool cuff bracelets, love the detail and the soft colour palette. xx

woodandfabric said...

oh my! When I saw your gorgeous bracelets yesterday, I decided that I had to make one for myself! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
Michelle *Ü*

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

Really nice! I think I need one of those too!

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

totally Fabulous!

Linda Ledbetter said...

YAY for YOU!!! Minxy, this is grungy high fashion at its finest. I love the bracelet idea, and you've made is utterly fabulous!

Jingle said...

This is just too cool!!! I love it!

CuddlyBunny said...

COOL! I love it!

sam21ski said...

Hi Minxy

Hope you're okay and your knee is holding out.

Great bracelets by the way.

Apologies for being a bit awol these last few weeks but I've been so busy it's been manic and I just haven't had the chance to get round any blogs.

Sam xxxx