Thursday 29 May 2008

Fathers day sorted

I've been a good girl this year and have got myself organised.
I have done both my Dad's and Tony's (my OH's) Dad....
I figured as i was probably gonna send some cash
for my dad to have a little drinkie on me,
that i would make a card fitting for such a gift...
ah voila the wallet card was born...




It opens and closes just like a proper wallet with a fully working popper you would use on clothes, just popped on with the use of my trusty Crop-a-dile.
It also has a proper wallet holder so when open you really can put the money in it like a real wallet. And i hand stitched it together for a more realistic feel

I am so happy with the way this turned out, just hope my Dad does aswell.

-------------------------------



The card i made for Tony's Dad, as you can see, is rather a clocky theme, he has a clock in every room of there house almost, and we have just got another one for him lol, so i thought it only fitting a clock card to match the gift, plus it gave me a chance to have another play with the great time/clock stamps i got at my Stamp Connection/artistic stamper workshop @ Ally Pally last month.


The background was stamped and masked and then stamped again and so on till i pretty much had the page covered and was happy with the result. I then stamped and coloured the grandfather clock, and once dry i added crackle glaze and some gold to highlight almost like a guilding effect, just so it looked aged.
I made the card a little different in the folding to really focus on the clock one side and the wording the other, which was printed out on acetate, edged with Krylon copper and attached with brads.

Lets just hope the dads like my offerings


xxx Hugz xxx

14 comments:

CraftyC said...

Blimey Nic, need 1/2 hour to go through this lot, you have been busy! Hope all goes well with the op tomorrow, will be thinking of you!! Take Care!!
Clairexx

Mez said...

Wow Nicky nice cards. I love th background with the clock card too. Good Luck for today xxxx

Sam said...

Fantastic cards/wallet for Fathers Day...they'll love them. Good luck for everything today, will be thinking of you xxxxxx

Tracey said...

Love it Nicky, how clever,

Shazza said...

they are both great cards Nicky, the wallet one is a fab idea
Sharon
x

PixieHouse Creations said...

Love it!! you clever girl :)
will be in touch soon, hmm we both keep saying that dont we lol
Wendy x

sakazoke said...

OMG! Nic, they are gorgeous. Both dads will treasure them. You are another talented artist that id like to add to my blog.
Hugs
Tina
xx

Ann said...

Brilliant Nicky xxx

Kazza said...

These are fantastic Nic - I especially love the wallet card - what a brilliant idea. I hope your Op goes well.
xx Karen

Andrea said...

loving your fathers day stuff nicky x

Anonymous said...

Great cards Nicky!! I did that workshop too! Wasn't it fab?! Great to get that lovely sheet of stamps too - what a bonus!
love Alison xx

Dan said...

Great cards Nicky! :)

Hels Sheridan said...

FAB!!!! Great to see you used those stamps...they are heavenly aren't they? xx

Lesley said...

Great cards Nicky xxx